SD2 / New York Studios Vol.1 SDX

If it doesn't fit in the other forums, post it here...
Dxtr
SD3 Version: 3.2.4

SD2 / New York Studios Vol.1 SDX

Post by Dxtr »

So I have owned SD3 for a few weeks and it's amazing! The cymbals included sound great but the selection isn't very big.

It won't be amazing but I'll upload my personal preset in the next few days of anyone is interested.

I've been looking at the New York Studios Vol.1 SDX mainly because of the cymbal selection. I'm a big Sabian fan and the whole collection looks absolutely incredible!

Has anyone here used it and have any thoughts on if it's worth the investment?

Thanks!
RedGear Music
Site Admin

Re: SD2 / New York Studios Vol.1 SDX

Post by RedGear Music »

I own this SDX and I do use that pack for some of the cymbals quite a bit, I think mainly for the Sabian Ozone crash cymbal and a couple rides. A lot of my crash cymbals actually comes from the Metal Machinery SDX for my YouTube drum covers.
Dxtr

Post by Dxtr »

RedGear Music wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:18 am I own this SDX and I do use that pack for some of the cymbals quite a bit, I think mainly for the Sabian Ozone crash cymbal and a couple rides. A lot of my crash cymbals actually comes from the Metal Machinery SDX for my YouTube drum covers.
So there isn't a big drop off in sound quality from SD3 and the SDX? You find they mix in well with SD3?
RedGear Music
Site Admin

Post by RedGear Music »

Oh yea! My main preset is based off the Djent kit in the Core Library and I mix in cymbals and other drums pieces from various SDXs all the time and they fit well. Browse my YouTube channel and see for yourself, I think only the hi-hats and ride cymbals are from the core library in my videos.